Welcome to the nest academy
Where we educate, empower and enrich Charlotte’s refugee, immigrant, underprivileged and at-risk children. A tuition free, holistic education addressing the whole child: educationally, nutritionally, emotionally, socially and experientially .
THE NEST ACADEMY RE-OPENING AUGUST 24
(updated July 21, 2020)
- We are excited to be on campus in August to continue our efforts (in-person) and to continue to give the gift of education to our amazing students.
- We are maintaining our 2020–2021 academic calendar and planning to return to campus on August 24.
- Students will attend classes in a potentially modified manner to match the social distancing and PPE requirements to meet the needs of different ages of learners.
- At this point in time, based on the current state and national guidelines and health recommendations, we have outlined the modifications being developed to be on-campus. We are being realistic about the possibility of spikes and intermittent transitions from on-campus learning to distant learning and preparing for all options and transitions.
- On-campus instruction and operations will change somewhat, but what remains the same is The Nest’s commitment to its mission and vision. We are fortunate to be able to reopen and educate our small student body, in person, under the Governors updated announcements and guidelines for NC schools.
- Please visit our COVID-19 announcements page HERE for more detailed information on our re-opening plans and for additional resources.
COVID-19 Relief Efforts
Read Full Article Here
We are so honored to be able provide for the students of The Nest Academy!
We have supplied food and necessities through our COVID-19 relief efforts made possible by
our supporters and community rallying around us.
Thank you to those who have already helped and The Charlotte Observer for highlighting our
efforts and amazing students, staff and school.
We are honored to continue to serve our community and we are thankful for the
village that makes this possible but WE STILL NEED HELP.
You can TEXT TO GIVE at (833) 983-5396.
Text GIVE ($____ The Amount) RELIEF (i.e. TEXT $50 RELIEF)
We are here meeting needs everyday in every way we can. Thank you for locking arms with us.
Instead of running away, we will continue to our city’s most vulnerable.
2021 Giving Campaign
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” — Winston Churchill
At the academy, we have NEEDS. Since we have become a stand alone ministry we are raising 100 percent of our funding from scratch. We NEED financially committed families and businesses to come alongside us to provide for the needs of our students. Monthly at the Academy we believe God for a miracle and we NEED that miracle and are asking for you to step out in faith and act. If you can give 10, 20, 50, 100 dollars we NEED you. If you can give BIG we NEED you!!Your support is crucial to our efforts to help our students become working and contributing adults in our community.
provide an atmosphere
Give to the Nest Academy miracle.
provide an education
Serve with us in the miracle.
share the love of christ
The Nest Academy miracle in progress.
Ready to Become a Volunteer?
“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.” Elizabeth Andrews
Meet Bosco! Bosco is a fourth grader and this is his first year as a student at The Nest Academy! He is the youngest out of four children and his family is from Uganda. Before coming to the Academy, Bosco says that school was mostly good, but here "everything is...
So excited to introduce to you our newest staff member, PE, Health and nutrition teacher...Maiya Black-Keeling. Maiya started with us as a volunteer last year, teaching PE two days a week on her lunch break and has now joined our staff!!! Maiya’s heart for kids, her...
Meet Lucy Nie! This is Lucy's first year at the Nest Academy and she is in the fourth grade! Lucy's family is from Vietnam and she has two sisters and two brothers. Before coming to the Academy, Lucy says that she struggled to focus in school because her friends were...
Meet Justin Reyes! He is an eighth grader from El Salvador and this is his first year at the Nest Academy! Justin learned about the Academy from some of his friends that he plays soccer with and he really wanted to come here! Justin says he struggled at his old school...
Meet H'thin Rochom! H'thin is originally from Vietnam and has lived in the United States for over 13 years! This is her second year at the Academy and also her SENIOR YEAR! H'thin says that what she loves most about going to school at the Academy is that it feels more...
Hey there! My name is Connor Derrick and I am interning here at The Nest Academy for the fall semester! Throughout these next few months, I will be sharing my experiences with the Academy, as well as creating Student Spotlights on each of our Academy students! (Check...
2223 Eastway Drive Charlotte, NC 28205