Welcome to the nest academy
Where we educate, empower and enrich Charlotte’s refugee, immigrant, underprivileged and at-risk children. A tuition free, holistic education addressing the whole child: educationally, nutritionally, emotionally, socially and experientially .
THE NEST ACADEMY RE-OPENING AUGUST 24
(updated July 21, 2020)
- We are excited to be on campus in August to continue our efforts (in-person) and to continue to give the gift of education to our amazing students.
- We are maintaining our 2020–2021 academic calendar and planning to return to campus on August 24.
- Students will attend classes in a potentially modified manner to match the social distancing and PPE requirements to meet the needs of different ages of learners.
- At this point in time, based on the current state and national guidelines and health recommendations, we have outlined the modifications being developed to be on-campus. We are being realistic about the possibility of spikes and intermittent transitions from on-campus learning to distant learning and preparing for all options and transitions.
- On-campus instruction and operations will change somewhat, but what remains the same is The Nest’s commitment to its mission and vision. We are fortunate to be able to reopen and educate our small student body, in person, under the Governors updated announcements and guidelines for NC schools.
- Please visit our COVID-19 announcements page HERE for more detailed information on our re-opening plans and for additional resources.
COVID-19 Relief Efforts
Read Full Article Here
We are so honored to be able provide for the students of The Nest Academy!
We have supplied food and necessities through our COVID-19 relief efforts made possible by
our supporters and community rallying around us.
Thank you to those who have already helped and The Charlotte Observer for highlighting our
efforts and amazing students, staff and school.
We are honored to continue to serve our community and we are thankful for the
village that makes this possible but WE STILL NEED HELP.
You can TEXT TO GIVE at (833) 983-5396.
Text GIVE ($____ The Amount) RELIEF (i.e. TEXT $50 RELIEF)
We are here meeting needs everyday in every way we can. Thank you for locking arms with us.
Instead of running away, we will continue to our city’s most vulnerable.
2021 Giving Campaign
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” — Winston Churchill
At the academy, we have NEEDS. Since we have become a stand alone ministry we are raising 100 percent of our funding from scratch. We NEED financially committed families and businesses to come alongside us to provide for the needs of our students. Monthly at the Academy we believe God for a miracle and we NEED that miracle and are asking for you to step out in faith and act. If you can give 10, 20, 50, 100 dollars we NEED you. If you can give BIG we NEED you!!Your support is crucial to our efforts to help our students become working and contributing adults in our community.
provide an atmosphere
Give to the Nest Academy miracle.
provide an education
Serve with us in the miracle.
share the love of christ
The Nest Academy miracle in progress.
Ready to Become a Volunteer?
“Volunteers do not necessarily have the time; they just have the heart.” Elizabeth Andrews
Hey everyone! I’m back! If you’ve been involved with the Nest for a while, you might remember me, but, for those who don’t, let me introduce myself. My name is Connor Derrick and I am interning here at the Nest for the fall semester. I first got involved with the...
Meet Tinh Rolan! Tinh's family is from Vietnam, he is in 5th grade, and this is his third year at The Nest Academy! His favorite parts about coming to school at the Academy are learning and having fun, especially in gym class and recess! However, his least favorite...
Meet Iba Soumare! Iba is in the 8th grade and this is his first year at The Nest Academy! Iba loves playing soccer (his favorite position is attacking mid), drawing, and playing video games (especially Fortnite)! At his old school, Iba says there was too much...
Welcome DrumStrong, the newest member of our Nest family! The past couple of Fridays, DrumStrong has visited the Academy to teach the students about rhythm and the healing power of music! The organization was founded to raise awareness and funds in support of cancer...
Meet Mathú Rochom! This is Mathú's second year at The Nest Academy and he is in eighth grade this year. At his old school, Mathú struggled to keep up because of large class sizes; he was often distracted by other students who were off task and, when he needed more...
Meet Mema! This is Mema's second year at The Nest Academy and she has captured the hearts of everyone here! At her previous school, Mema struggled because she couldn't speak English very well and didn't know how to read. She was often bullied because of those things...
2223 Eastway Drive Charlotte, NC 28205